Handmade pottery for the thoughtful home
I'm Danielle and I'm the artist behind Monsoon Pottery. I've always been a half country and half city mouse. You'll see that reflected in my Asian Farmhouse and Chinatown Collections. Stay a while and look around. You may find something you can't live without.
Monsoon at Third Season
We made a collection of gray stoneware cups for Third Season by the Roof Crop, a coffee shop, apothecary, and design studio. See more photos and details here.
The cups are available at Third Season and the Roof Crop website, but if you want to choose your own, we suggest visiting the space.
We had no idea this collection would be so popular! Look for more Year of the Dragon pieces in March.
Press & Features
- Lotus Root Ornament featured in Edible Chicago's 2023 Gift Guide: For Those Who Eat & Drink.
- Chrysanthemum Platter and Chinatown Collection featured in The 2023 Eater Chicago Gift Guide
- Korean Celadon Serving Bowl featured in the Chicago Social Modern Luxury Gift Guide
- Pieces made for Giant restaurant featured in S2E3 of The Bear
- More Than Tea: A Geography of Longing. A solo show at Color Club centered on wood and reduction fired teaware from July 28-August 28, 2023.
- Work featured in Pulp Cookbook by Abra Berens
- Work featured in Plant-Based India by Dr. Sheil Shukla
- A Chicago Ceramicist Who Seeks to Enhance the Joy of Eating with Her Work - Daniel Hautzinger for WTTW
- Work featured in Grist Cookbook by Abra Berens
- Cut the Craft Podcast Episode 035 - Danielle Chutinthranond
- Cup of Jo - Is This the Coziest Apartment in Chicago?
- Holiday Gifts for the Cook in Your Life - Grace Wong for the Chicago Tribune
- This is How We Create Podcast - How Danielle Chutinthranond Found Ceramics
- The Glossary - Artist Profile Danielle Chutinthranond Creator of Monsoon Pottery - Chicago
- Artist Profile by Tania Rodamilans
- Making an Artist Podcast - The Body Doesn't Lie
- (Hand)made in America - Debbie Carlson for the Chicago Tribune