[UPDATE: The application process is currently closed]
Monsoon Pottery is hiring a part-time studio assistant for 4-8 hours a week at $14.25/hour. The schedule is 1-2 days a week for 4-hour shifts that typically start at 1 or 2pm. Start date is August 17th at the West Town Studio (near Grand and Western).
- Cleaning floors, taking out garbage/recycling
- Vacuuming, loading/unloading the kiln
- Pugging clay
- Mixing glazes
- Packing shipments
- Production-supporting tasks (skills outlined below)
- Rolling out clay slabs and draping clay onto slump molds
- Wedging clay--ability to spiral wedge a plus
- Waxing/wiping off bisqueware during glaze production
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Vaccinated individuals strongly encouraged to apply. Students welcome. The application process is currently closed.